Technical and Creative Writing
- Analysis and development of technical markets
- Creation of data sheets, white papers, case studies, comparative analyses, technical social media content, training programs, and other qualitative and quantitative materials
- Delivery of training programs in both face-to-face and online formats
paul(-at-)elephanttech (-dot-) com
Highlights of Qualifications
- Unique combination of leadership, strategic development, technical, and sales skills
- Extensive technical sales and marketing management experience
- MBA that included a management consulting project on Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Expert in the field of engineering test and measurement
- Comprehensive understanding of a wide range of technologies and markets
- Proven ability to present complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
Summary of Accomplishments
- Development and delivery of a wide variety of technical training programs
- Application of test and measurement to both innovative and traditional markets (telecom acoustics, advanced vibration based predictive maintenance, production test of consumer goods , etc.)
- Development of US Aerospace and Telecom markets including key account development at Lockheed, Boeing, Honeywell, NASA, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Nokia, Qualcomm, and others
- Management of geographically diverse technical sales, application engineering, and marketing teams
MBA, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
Market Strategies for Technology Based Companies, Stanford Continuing Education
BSEE, Linear System Controls, University of California, San Diego
Elephant Tech Consulting (elephanttech.com)
Technical and creative content creation, presentation, and distribution
Regional Manager, Bruel and Kjaer North America (bksv.com)
Responsible for technical management, training, and strategic development in the Western US and Western Canada through the management of direct / indirect salespeople and application engineers. Additional responsibilities included North American Key Account Manager tasked with developing aerospace and telecom market presence by maximizing relationships with companies such as Boeing, Lockheed, NASA, Apple, Google, etc.
Accomplishments: Consistently increased market share and revenue while controlling costs. Ten year growth of 16% per year. Five year growth of 43% per year. Leadership through two major reorganizations. Increasing levels of strategic involvement in developing / implementing Aerospace and Telecom account plans.
Electrical Engineer, Science and Engineering Associates
Management and engineering responsibilities including time and cost tracking, design, implementation, and technical reporting related to data acquisition systems for innovative soil contamination monitoring at Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories.
Accomplishments: Implementing instrumentation for complex, long term outdoor monitoring systems. Fulfilling complex government technical and financial reporting requirements. Researching and writing technical papers and proposals to generate new business.
Research Associate, Battelle Seattle Research Center, Pacific Northwest National Lab, (www.battelle.org)
Engineering support of licensing and stakeholder involvement projects showcasing innovative environmental cleanup technologies deployed at National Laboratories. Highlights included the design and programming of graphical information systems which helped management and stakeholders understand these technologies. Also provided electrical engineering support for the Battelle Kenworth Truck Simulator which quantified the effects of divided attention on truck driver safety, the Effects of Heat and Noise on Nuclear Power Plant workers, and other projects.